The Salt Water Retro is exactly that – a re-discovered gem of a style from the 1970s that we were delighted to find in the Hoy Shoe Company archives. The distinctive criss-cross straps have really stood the test of time, so the Retro is definitely back!
Salt Water Retro Child -Tan
- Material: 100% Smooth Leather, Leather Insole, Metallic Buckle
- Leather upper and lining allows feet to breathe
- Comfortable fit thanks to secure ankle strap
- Hand-stitched with non-rusting brass buckles
- Machine washable
- Non-slip vulcanised rubber sole
Salt Water sandals have been cult classics in the States for over 70 years, ever since Walter Hoy started making them with scrap leather from military boots during wartime shortages in 1940.
They mould to the shape of the foot with repeated wear, a process that speeds up when wet, so they’re perfect for wearing to the beach, splashing in the sea, pounding pavements or just hanging out.
Best of all, you can throw them in the washing machine when they need a clean, thanks to the non-rusting brass buckles and tough, but flexible, soles.